Friday, July 6, 2012

Playing in Paradise #74

Happy Friday my Paradise Friends!  I hope you're enjoying your summer... we are still waiting for ours to come.  Weather forecast is always good a week before, but it gets worst as we get closer.

We went camping last weekend at Boulton Creek (Kananaskis) with a warning of Bears being around the area.... 
Mama bear and her cub strolling on the bike path Friday evening.  I didn't see them cause my oldest and I didn't want to see the play at the other camp site.  A little disappointed........it would of been nice to see them from far and inside a vehicle where you're safe.
Then Sunday afternoon our group went for a hike, but we stayed behind because of the grizzly bears being around.   The bears then decided to go through "B loop", which is our loop and went through our friends camp site which is 2 sites from us.  We were outside at that time and we gathered our girls to our trailer then decided to go in the truck instead.... forgetting about our dog!  But hey.... at least I didn't forget about my girls instead.  Drove around for a bit, looking for the bears at the other loops.  Phew.... that was a close call!

But wait...... two hours later we spotted the same bears again, BEHIND our trailer about 20 feet away!  I was freaking out cause my oldest favorite spot to gather her walking sticks and we thought she was back there, but she was actually in the trailer using the bathroom.  They're beautiful and all.... but I think I would rather I see them up close when we visit them at the zoo.
I hope you will find time to join us with this week's Playing in Paradise Challenge over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog.  It's my turn to host this week's challenge!  The challenge is to create a Wedding or Anniversary card.

I had fun creating this one... can you believe I actually used my copic compressor? 
 Hope you will check out the rest of my team mates for some ideas.

How to Play:
1.  Everyone is invited to play! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your  challenge entry.

2.  You have until noon on Thursday, July 12th to link your entries for this challenge below.

3.  Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, then use the keyword PPC74 so we can find you!

4.  Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

Good Luck and Thanks for bloggin' by!

2 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

EEK! Bears! See, that would have sent me packing home. They are amazing creatures from a big distance.
Love your project - this photo prompt is so gorgeous!

Allison Rankin said...

What a super card Merlie and I love your idea for using your compressor mixed with the dies! I love seeing the bears...we are quite lucky to live where we do!